Resealing a wooden bench
Yesterday I decided to take a stab at giving the kids’ bench a revamped look. I neglected to realize that it needed some regular maintenance. I incorrectly assumed that the sealant from the store would have held up longer. And I’d be wrong.
I sanded the wood down. It had gotten reallt moldy looking from the rain. The left two planks in the above photo show what it looked like after I sanded it down. To the right it’s what it looked like after I wiped Danish Oil (walnut stain) on it.
Here’s what I used to finish the wood.
And voila the finished product. Now I need to wait 72 hours to seal with polyurethane.
Hope the kids enjoy watching fireflies and birds on this bench over the next few months!